CHEVRON’S FUEL UP FOR WARRIOR FOOTBALL SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSATKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY ONLY IN THE STATE OF HAWAII. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE STATE OF HAWAII AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. General Description of the Sweepstakes. Chevron’s Fuel Up for Warrior Football Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) offers participants a chance to win one (1) grand prize of a year’s worth of gas to be awarded as $2,600 in Chevron gift cards by completing and submitting an entry form at any participating Chevron Retail Station during the Sweepstakes Period of September 14, 2012 through October 31, 2012. The grand prize winner will be randomly selected on November 16, 2012. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of the Sponsor and/or Clear Channel Radio which are final and binding in all respects.
2. Sweepstakes Period/Eligibility. The Sweepstakes begins September 14, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. PST and ends on October 31, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is open to all legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who reside within the State of Hawaii. Employees or agents of Clear Channel Radio (the “Administrator”), Chevron Products Company (the “Sponsor”), or its agents, or any of their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, retail locations, suppliers, distributors, sweepstakes material suppliers, promotion or media partners, or any other agencies or entities associated with the Sweepstakes or any other television or radio station that transmits a signal for reception anywhere within the State of Hawaii, as well as members of the same household of the employee or agent, may not participate. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects. Winners of any Sweepstakes or promotion conducted by Clear Channel Radio during the thirty (30) day period immediately prior to the start of the Sweepstakes may not participate.
3. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of entries submitted in the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter. Visit any participating Chevron station during the Sweepstakes Period to obtain an entry form, and legibly complete and submit it in the entry box at the location. Participants may also enter by filling a standard 3”x5” index card with the date, their full name, address of residence, e-mail address, phone number and date of birth and mailing completed card to: Clear Channel Radio at 650 Iwilei Road, Suite 400, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817, ATTENTION: Chevron’s Fuel Up For Warrior Football Sweepstakes Entry, one (1) entry per person per outer mailing envelope All entries, whether on an official entry form or standard 3”x5” card, must be handwritten and cannot be photocopied, printed by machine, computer printed or otherwise mechanically reproduced. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, damaged, stolen, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, misdirected entries or postage due. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. All mailed-in entries must be postmarked by October 31, 2012 and received by November 5, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. PST to allow for mail delivery. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day. A day is defined as a 24 hour period.
5. Selection of Winner. On or about November 16, 2012, one winner will be randomly selected by Clear Channel Radio from all entries received during the Sweepstakes Period and awarded the grand prize. If a winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the Sweepstakes, or for any other reason cannot accept the grand prize as awarded, Clear Channel Radio will randomly select an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries received in the Sweepstakes. Clear Channel Radio will conduct as many random drawings as necessary to award the grand prize.
6. Prize. One (1) grand prize of “A Year’s Worth of Gas” to be awarded as $2,600 in Chevron Gift Cards, based on $4.30 (average price per gallon) x 12 gallons (average fuel tank) x 4.1 fill ups per month x 12 months). Prize does not include taxes or any other cost or expense not expressly described in these Official Rules. All local, state and federal taxes and any other fees or surcharges are the sole responsibility of the winner. Clear Channel Radio and/or Chevron Products Company reserve the right to substitute any prize with a prize of comparable value should the original prize be unavailable, regardless of reason. Prizes are not transferable, subject to substitution by the contestant or redeemable for cash. Prize winners will be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and will receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc. for prize with a retail value in excess of $600. Total ARV of grand prize is $2,600. Limit of one (1) grand prize per person.
7. Conditions/Restrictions. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release and indemnify each of the Administrators, Sponsors, and each of their officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, for, from and against any and all claims, demands or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person(s), including death, and property arising in whole or in part directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in any Sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this Sweepstakes whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participants participation in the Sweepstakes. Winners by acceptance of prize agree to release each of the Sponsors from any and all liability, claims, actions, or proceedings from injuries or damage sustained in connection with receipt or use of the prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered. Entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission for each Sponsor and its respective designees to use the name, likeness, portrait, voice and biographical material of each participant for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Sponsor, the products and services of any of its designees or both without additional compensation to the prize winner, unless prohibited by law. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to Administrator and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release (including a publicity release) as prepared by Administrator before the winner will be entitled to receive any prize. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in or win the Sweepstakes will be subject to disqualification. Neither Sponsor, Administrator, nor any participating promotion agencies or prize providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any lost, late, damaged, misdirected entries, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause). Sponsor and/or Administrator is not responsible for contacting any participant if that participant has changed contact information and failed to provide Sponsor and/or Administrator with the proper contact information when such information is required. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in their sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserve the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and/or these Official Rules, in whole or in part. Additionally, Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law.
8. Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, participants in the Sweepstakes agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the State of Hawaii, U.S.A. pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and/or Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Hawaii, without regard to conflicts of law doctrine.
9. Sponsor. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Chevron Products Company, located at 91-480 Malakole Street, Kapolei, HI 96707.
10. Administrator(s). The Administrators of this Sweepstakes are Clear Channel stations KDNN and KSSK, located at 650 Iwilei Road, Suite 400, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96817.
12. Winners List. Winner(s) names will be available after December 3, 2012. For the name of the winners, submit a request by mail to Clear Channel Radio at 650 Iwilei Road, Suite 400, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817.
Clear Channel Communications
Official Contest/Sweepstakes Rules (5/1/06)
There is no purchase necessary to participate in any Clear Channel Communications contest/sweepstakes. While there is no minimum age requirement to participate in any Clear Channel Radio contest/sweepstakes, there may be a minimum age requirement for specific contests/sweepstakes. You must be a Hawaii resident or active duty military stationed in Hawaii to play our contests/sweepstakes. Clear Channel Radio reserves the right to discontinue or reactivate this contest/sweepstakes at any time without notice.