A guy in Tacoma, WA had to have emergency surgery after he accidentally ate a steel bristle from a grill brush.
He used the steel grill brush before his barbecue. After dinner, he went to the hospital with serious abdominal pain. That's when doctors found the metal bristle and performed emergency surgery.
The guy said he thinks a steel bristle from his grill brush fell onto his steak. He says he apparently swallowed the metal without realizing it.
The CDC says it knows of at least six people who have recently swallowed grill brush bristles.